The law says:
"Every employer with five or more persons in his employ shall have
a copy of the Act and the relevant regulations readily available at the workplace: Provided that where the total number of employees is less than five, the employer shall, on request of the employee, make a copy of the Act available to that employee"
[Reg 4 of the OHS Act General Administrative Regulations]
Employers must also furnish designated machinery supervisors with a copy of the Act and regulations.
[Reg 9 of the OHS Act General Machinery Regulations]
Neatly laid out and styled for easy use and reference, this user-friendly format, uncrushable coil-bound book is completely authentic and up-to-date. Designed for those who work both in and out of the office, it optimises the use of colour for clarity and puts the Act and regulations at your fingertips.
It includes the following recently gazetted changes:
- Notice of Direction regarding first aid training
- Incorporation of health and safety standard into the Driven Machinery Regulations
- Hazardous Biological Agents Regulations
- Notice: Regulations for Hazardous Chemical Agents, 2021
- Commercial Diving Regulations, 2022
- General Safety Regulations: Notice - Exemption of Class XXI employers from reg. 3 (4)
- Commercial Diving Regulations, 2022: Exemption for Designated Medical Practitioners who currently do not have the qualification in occupational medicine to continue carrying out medical examinations
- Commercial Diving Regulations, 2022: Notice regarding Renewal of Certification of Diving Entities previously issued by the Department of Employment and Labour
- Schedule of fees to register entities with the Department of Employment and Labour
- National Code of Practice for Electrical Machinery in Hazardous Locations
- Safety standards incorporated into the Lift, Escalator and Passenger Conveyor Regulations, 2010
- Commercial Diving Regulations, 2022, Amended
- Hazardous Biological Agents Regulations Amendment
- Opens completely flat.
- Light and small enough to carry in your briefcase.
- Pages are colour coded for ease of reference.
- Section/Regulation numbers are quick and easy to find appearing in large type.
- Full Government Gazette references for amendments are given.
- Guidance notes are inserted where appropriate.
- Legislation errors and loopholes are indicated.
- Explains how our labour laws are made and gazetted.